Careers at Fourthstone
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."
- Benjamin Franklin
Open Positions: Equity Trader | Senior Research Analyst
Position: Equity Trader
Our Equity Trader will partner with Portfolio Manager and investment team to manage risk, identify
investment opportunities and make trading decisions in response to market information and trading
activity. Successful candidates will act as an intermediary between the investment team and sell-side
brokers. The Trader will be responsible for implementing advanced trading strategies that conform to
best execution guidelines. This person will continue to develop best execution through demonstrable
pre-trade and post-trade analysis and will develop trading capabilities in terms of systems and execution
venues. The Trader will also assist with the implementation of order management systems.
The Equity Trader will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and responding to incoming market information, economic announcements, and general trading activity to manage portfolio risk and identify investment opportunities
- Utilizing analytical problem solving skills to troubleshoot trading systems, develop new trading tactics, and improve platform operations
- Using trading metrics and statistical data to identify areas to increase profitability and improve performance
- Developing strong relationships with specialty brokers and our prime broker
- Efficiently executing a broad array of strategies in financial sector equities, from global trading mandates to more focused mandates.
- Developing and implementing trading strategies through the detailed analysis of attributes, including cost efficiency.
Desired Skills & Experience
- In depth knowledge of global equity trading marketplace and clearing infrastructure
- Prior trading experience, preferably at a buy-side firm, including financial sector and/or small-cap equities
- Ability to manage orders in European markets before US market opens
- Highly proficient with multiple PC-based trading software systems including portfolio accounting, trade order management, Execution Management Systems, trading platforms, and FIX connectivity
- Highly proficient with Excel, technology strengths in Python, SQL, or C++
- Experience analyzing historical trades to improve the quality of trade execution
- Comfortable reconciling daily P&L and generating reports
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com. Due to the volume of
applications received, please note that not all applicants will receive a personalized response.