Careers at Fourthstone
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."
- Benjamin Franklin
Open Positions: Equity Trader | Operations Specialist
Position: Equity Trader
Our Equity Trader will partner with Portfolio Manager and investment team to manage risk, identify
investment opportunities and make trading decisions in response to market information and trading
activity. Successful candidates will act as an intermediary between the investment team and sell-side
brokers. The Trader will be responsible for implementing advanced trading strategies that conform to
best execution guidelines. This person will continue to develop best execution through demonstrable
pre-trade and post-trade analysis and will develop trading capabilities in terms of systems and execution
venues. The Trader will also assist with the implementation of order management systems.
The Equity Trader will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and responding to incoming market information, economic announcements, and general trading activity to manage portfolio risk and identify investment opportunities
- Utilizing analytical problem solving skills to troubleshoot trading systems, develop new trading tactics, and improve platform operations
- Using trading metrics and statistical data to identify areas to increase profitability and improve performance
- Developing strong relationships with specialty brokers and our prime broker
- Efficiently executing a broad array of strategies in financial sector equities, from global trading mandates to more focused mandates.
- Developing and implementing trading strategies through the detailed analysis of attributes, including cost efficiency.
Desired Skills & Experience
- In depth knowledge of global equity trading marketplace and clearing infrastructure
- Prior trading experience, preferably at a buy-side firm, including financial sector and/or small-cap equities
- Ability to manage orders in European markets before US market opens
- Highly proficient with multiple PC-based trading software systems including portfolio accounting, trade order management, Execution Management Systems, trading platforms, and FIX connectivity
- Highly proficient with Excel, technology strengths in Python, SQL, or C++
- Experience analyzing historical trades to improve the quality of trade execution
- Comfortable reconciling daily P&L and generating reports
Position: Operations Specialist
We are seeking an Operations Specialist to join our dedicated and accomplished team of professionals.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to advance his/her career. The role performs diverse,
advanced and confidential administrative support with the opportunity to assume increased responsibility
for operational processes at the firm. A team player who is comfortable wearing multiple hats would
thrive in our entrepreneurial, growing firm.
As an Operations Specialist, you will be expected to relieve the executive team of administrative details
and contribute to the smooth running of the firm’s internal processes, including:
- Calendar management requiring interaction with internal and external executives and associated tasks such as booking conference rooms, audio visual equipment, meeting logistics and presentation materials
- Assist with production of marketing materials via in-house binding, third party printing and graphic design agency
- Filing, invoicing and processing expense claims per company policy
- Coordination of candidate interview process and logistics
- Personnel on-boarding, including required compliance documentation and logistics
- Providing general office support including handling phone enquiries, photocopying, scanning, ordering office supplies and extensive electronic and hard copy filing
- Greet visitors
- Manage holiday cards & gift giving
- Fulfilling certain compliance record-keeping requirements
- Prepare meeting agendas, coordinating meeting participants (internal and external), confirming meetings with participants. Recording and issuing meeting follow ups such as action items as requested
- Book and confirm domestic and international travel for executives, including multi-day itineraries. Compile trip folders with relevant information in advance of travel for executives.
- Update CRM system data and third party fund rankings
- Confirmation of investment actions with third party partners
In this role, you will have the opportunity to grow your career in any direction within the firm, including
finance, operations, compliance, investments and marketing. This role will suit a “go getter” who
appreciates time sensitivity and is a good communicator. Such an attitude can make a real difference to
the firm’s performance. You should be able to add significant value to the firm in short order and can
anticipate being rewarded commensurately.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a college degree with experience supporting senior executives. Exposure
to the financial services, legal or regulatory compliance industries is preferred. Must be detail-oriented
and focused on client service. Hours are generally 8-4pm or 9-5pm. Talented and successful employees will
be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of
applications received, please note that not all applicants will receive a personalized response.